Why consider foam insulation for your crawl space?
Ground water from rain can enter through the basement or crawlspace. One of the biggest threats of moisture is condensation due to inadequate insulation in foundation walls and crawlspaces. Foam Insulation as an air barrier, helps keep crawlspaces drier, reducing the threat of moisture-related problems like mold or mildew. This also means the air-conditioning unit doesn’t have to work overtime to remove excess humidity, saving homeowners money while extending the life of the unit.
As an energy-saving insulation solution, foam insulation delivers a return on investment year over year. By concentrating on the key areas of your home that are most susceptible to energy loss or inconsistent temperatures, you can benefit from the immediate and long-term advantage of foam insulation. Crawl space insulation installation is a key factor in reducing energy costs and improving the comfort levels of your home; Saving you money in the long run.
Read about Closed Cell vs. Spray Foam Insulation
With traditional insulation in crawlspaces:
- Insulation loses contact with framing creating gaps causing heated/cooled air to escape.
- Moisture accumulated in the material, ductwork and piping can reduce the R-value and buckle hardwood floors or compromise the structural integrity.
- When the relative humidity of the crawl space is 70% or higher, mold can thrive.
Foam insulation for the crawl space fills every nook and cranny helping you to:
- Curb air loss/air leakage
- Save up to 40% on your heating and cooling costs
- Improve the comfort of your home
- Improve HVAC equipment performance
- Increase the lifespan of HVAC equipment
- Improve energy efficiency
- Create a more comfortable living space
Foam insulation by Peak Structural features:
- Leading innovation with low VOC and GREENGUARD Gold certified product
- Proven quality with 30 years of experience
- Installed by highly trained professionals
Foam insulation by Peak can be used in: